Job Title: Counselor
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Antonio Throughout Houston
Hybrid Work: On Site
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Category: Counseling
School Year: 2022 - 2023 2023 - 2024
Our School Counselor will work with students, faculty, and parents to provide counseling services to address student’s behavioral, emotional, and social needs within the academic setting. Services include school-based counseling, consultations, crisis intervention, developing comprehensive behavioral plans, and training.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Counsel individual students and small groups presenting needs and concerns within the general education and special education environment.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Consultations with parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant people relating to implementing intervention strategies and techniques to assist with the identified needs of students within the educational setting.
- Conduct mental and behavioral health assessments, develop evaluations, interpret results appropriately, and effectively communicate with school personnel, students, and their parents.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas Professional Licensure in at least one of the following:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- LPC Associate (LPC-A)
- Licensed Social Worker (LMSW, LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Two (2) years of experience providing responsive counseling services to children or adolescents.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stressful work; prolonged or irregular hours; and flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in communicating effectively with parents, students, staff, and community.
- Knowledge of law as it pertains to mental health in the school setting.