Educational Diagnostician Traveling Greater Austin Area Responsibilities
Assess the educational needs and learning styles of charter schools K-12 students referred to special education. We work cooperatively with the teachers and the special education team to help our students and families thrive.
- Select and administer the formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
- Compile and evaluate comprehensive student information, including classroom observations; personal interviews with the student, teacher(s), parents, and others; and relevant assessment data from the student’s cumulative folder.
- Consult with parents and teachers concerning the educational needs of students and the interpretation of assessment data.
- Compile, prepare, maintain, and file evaluations, reports, records, and other documents.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpreting assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
- Assist classroom teachers and the special education team with implementing IEP.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and local board policy. Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in educational assessment
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with two years of teaching experience desired
- Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate or Valid LSSP License
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
- Ability to interpret data
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years in a school setting as an Educational Diagnostician
- Ability to travel
Who You Work With Is Important.
This is a new world for educational professionals working at our schools. The demands placed on you at the school from the students, families, and your employer, are challenging to balance. We listened to what you needed and built a new model for educational professionals. We want to be the employer of choice.
Check out our Careers page to see more about what makes us different.
The Educational Assessment and Psychological Services Clinical Director is Brandy Taylor, and Janae Flournoy is our Educational Assessment and Psychological Services Clinical Lead.